Saturday, December 25, 2010

Catching up the archives

Merry Christmas from the guys at We're History.

Over the next few weeks, I'm going back in time to link up some of our fall 2010 audio with brief outlines.

The goal is to try and locate as many of the old audio files as possible, then do a numbering resort. The series dates back to November of 2005, and became a semi-regular part of the weekly Ozarks At Large in 2006. It was an outgrowth from the commentary I had done for the station since the late 1990s, because so many of the mini-rants were fitting into the same mode. (Well, for long-time followers, with the exception of my one-man crusade regarding postage stamps.)

What we can't locate in audio -- many were lost in a hard-drive incident -- we'll recreate with the old scripts, most of which I still have. Once I get into the studio with Kyle, we don't always follow the scripts exactly -- in fact, the days when Kyle takes me off the track are often some of the best.

Hope you enjoy catching up with our back catalog, and enjoy the new segments coming in 2011.

No comments: